The 2014 – 2018 International Program “Launching New Dimensions of Service” consists of five targets which combine traditional programs with new concepts, all designed to improve the lives of those we serve, while preparing future generations to assume their rightful place on the world stage.
- Educational Enrichment – includes the signature youth program ASCEND which will focus on Achievement, Self-awareness, Communication, Engagement, Networking and Development skills; promote the learning process by providing substantial support to students through AKA One Million Backpacks; and support the national campaign, Think HBCU.
- Health Promotion – will promote awareness in the areas of Alzheimer’s Disease and Caregiver Support Program, Stroke and Heart Disease Awareness, and Mental Illness.
- Family Strengthening – will target critical issues of many families, including lack of food, shelter and financial means.
- Environmental Ownership – will implement the AKA 1908 Playground Project and the Acts of Green Program to promote daily green efforts in local communities.
- Global Impact – is designed to prepare today’s youth for an increasingly global and complex society in partnership with the United Nations Association.