Legacy of Leadership Foundation, the charitable arm of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated ® Omega Epsilon Omega Chapter located in Novi, Michigan, in keeping with our goal of supporting higher education for young people in Western Oakland County, is pleased to announce the application process and requirements for awarding scholarships. An applicant must meet the stipulate criteria for each scholarship that he or she is applying for in order to be considered for an award.
In order to be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
- Be an African American female or male classified as a high school graduating senior of Western Oakland County District Schools;
- Attach a list of extracurricular and community activity involvement over the past two years (with reference names and telephone numbers for verification);
- Submit an official high school transcript-with Board of Education seal;
- Receive acceptance to a four (4) year university or college and submit a copy of the acceptance letter on university letterhead;
- Fully complete the application (electronic copy);
- Submit a personal essay which states your future goals and objectives and how they relate to your chosen major. Please include how this scholarship would contribute to achieving those goals;
- Submit one (1) electronic copy of the application by the noted deadline;
- Be prepared to have a brief interview with Scholarship Committee; and
- Return the completed application with all the attachments to: Scholarship@akaoeo.com
- For questions, please e-mail Scholarship@akaoeo.com
The winner of the award will be invited to formally receive recognition from Legacy of Leadership Foundation and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated ® Omega Epsilon Omega Chapter at an event with a parent or guardian.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 14, 2017